The xTool D1 Pro 20W is one of the most popular desktop laser engravers on the market. With its 20W laser module, it can engrave and cut a wide variety of materials like wood, leather, acrylic, paper, and more.
However, laser engravers like the D1 Pro 20W produce fumes and particles when operating. This means you need proper Ventilation & safety measures in place. One excellent option is the xTool Enclosure.
In this xTool Enclosure review, we’ll look at how it works with the D1 Pro 20W and if it’s the best enclosure for this laser engraver.
Overview of the xTool Enclosure
The xTool Enclosure is a folding protective cover designed specifically for the D1 Pro and D1 Pro 20W laser engravers. It helps Contain fumes, particles, noise & prevents fires while operating.
Some key features and specs:
- Made of 4mm honeycomb board with 600D flame retardant polyester fabric
- Folds down for storage and portability
- Quick 1-minute assembly
- Large 625 x 613 x 314 mm (24.6 x 24 x 12.2 in) interior space fits D1 Pro 20W
- Built-in exhaust port for ventilation
- Viewing window to monitor engraving
- Fireproof and stable construction
- Weight: 3.4 kg
The xTool Enclosure offers efficient ventilation. An exhaust fan (included) pulls air and particles out while fresh air enters from vents, increasing airflow by 200%. This makes sure fumes don’t build up inside.
There are also two large 17.9 x 9.8 inch viewing windows. You can clearly see the laser engraver working inside the xTool Enclosure.
Overall, the enclosure Isolates over 99% of dust, fumes, odors & noise for a safer engraving environment. Let’s look at how it works with the D1 Pro 20W.
Using the xTool Enclosure with the D1 Pro 20W
The xTool D1 Pro 20W measures 430 x 400 mm (17 x 15.7 inches), so it fits nicely inside the xTool Enclosure.
There’s ample space on all sides for operating the laser engraver. You can open the top door a full 90 degrees for loading/unloading.
Here are the basic steps to use the xTool Enclosure with the D1 Pro 20W:
- Unfold the xTool Enclosure and secure the panels.
- Place the D1 Pro 20W inside and center it.
- Connect the exhaust port to the included fan & vent pipe.
- Pass any cables out the back cable port.
- Close the top door and secure it.
- Turn on the exhaust fan to create airflow.
- Operate the laser engraver normally.
- When finished, turn off the exhaust and open the door to remove items.
It only takes a minute to set up the xTool Enclosure. Everything is ready to go once your D1 Pro 20W is inside.
The front door uses a limit rope and velcro strips to stay partially open. You can access the laser engraver and won’t have to hold the door.
Ventilation works excellently to remove fumes, especially with the exhaust fan running. The Viewing windows let you monitor engraving from all angles.
Overall, the xTool Enclosure Integrates seamlessly with the D1 Pro 20W for safer & more Convenient operation.
Key Benefits of Using the xTool Enclosure
Using the xTool Enclosure provides some major benefits when operating the D1 Pro 20W laser engraver:
- Made of flame retardant materials
- Contains sparks, flare ups and small fires
- Lets you stop or extinguish fires quickly
- Captures and filters airborne particles
- Prevents fumes spreading through room
- Keeps workspace clean
- Lowers operating noise of laser
- Creates quieter studio environment
- View engraving work clearly through windows
- Easily access machine through top door
- Quick assembly for fast set up
- Folds into compact size
- Lightweight to move around
- Engrave anywhere – indoor or outdoor
Having the xTool Enclosure provides protection, safety and convenience when using the powerful D1 Pro 20W laser. This Lets you get the most out of this Laser engraver.
xTool Enclosure Max Option
xTool also offers the Enclosure Max, a larger version of the standard enclosure. This fits the Extended D1 Pro 20W, which has a 600 x 600 mm work area.
Some key specs on the Enclosure Max:
- 1180 x 610 x 310 mm (46.5 x 24 x 12.2 in) interior space
- Two 17.9 x 9.8 inch viewing windows
- Weighs 6.3 kg
- Made of 4mm honeycomb board and flame retardant fabric
- Fits most extended laser engravers
- Can be upgraded from standard enclosure with Extension Kit
So if you have the Extended D1 Pro 20W with more work area, the Enclosure Max is designed to contain it.
You can also buy an Extension Kit for to upgrade the regular xTool Enclosure to the Max size. This lets you expand it down the road if needed.
Is the xTool Enclosure the Best for D1 Pro 20W?
When looking at enclosures for the D1 Pro 20W, the xTool Enclosure is definitely one of the best options.
- Specifically designed for D1 Pro 20W
- Fits perfectly with ample space
- Effective ventilation system
- Highly portable folding design
- Fireproof and safety focused
- Large viewing windows to monitor work
- Easy to assemble and use
- Very affordable price
- Not fully enclosed on bottom
- Walls are fabric, not solid
- No interior LED light
Considering the excellent safety features, ventilation, convenient access and low price, the xTool Enclosure is hard to beat for the D1 Pro 20W.
The open bottom allows you to connect external exhaust if desired. And the fabric walls keep things lightweight yet protective.
|How to Engrave Cutting Boards with the xTool D1 Pro 20W|
|xTool D1 Pro 20w’s Fiber Laser Color Marking Settings|
|Xtool P2 55W vs Omtech 130W Laser Cutter: Which is Best 4 u?|
|What Can the Xtool D1 10 Watt Laser Cut Through?|
The D1 Pro 20W Laser engraver is the primary reason behind the creation of the xTool Enclosure. It’s a great Way to Increase the efficiency & Safety of laser engraving.
Tips for Using the xTool Enclosure
Here are some handy tips for getting the most out of the xTool Enclosure with your D1 Pro 20W:
- Place enclosure on a flat, stable surface so it doesn’t shift
- Make sure laser engraver is centered inside for best airflow
- Keep exhaust fan running entire time machine is operating
- Close top door fully to maximize ventilation and containment
- Use ventilation pipe to vent exhaust outside if working indoors
- Clean window panels regularly so you can view clearly
- Check for damage and replace worn parts when needed
- Only operate laser engraver when enclosure is fully set up
- Follow all general laser safety practices and D1 Pro 20W guidelines
Using these tips will help the xTool Enclosure contain fumes effectively and let you monitor your engraving work.
The xTool Enclosure offers an affordable, safe and convenient way to operate the D1 Pro 20W laser engraver.
It contains dust and fumes, reduces noise, and prevents fires – giving you vital protection. And the folding design with viewing windows lets you use your D1 Pro 20W almost anywhere.
For safety and accessibility, the xTool Enclosure is highly recommended for all D1 Pro 20W owners. It’s a priceless addition that allows this formidable laser device to reach its maximum potential.
Does the xTool Enclosure completely enclose the D1 Pro 20W?
It doesn’t fully enclose the bottom but wraps around the top, sides and back to contain fumes and particles.
What materials is the xTool Enclosure made from?
It uses 4mm honeycomb board walls and 600D flame retardant polyester fabric for fire safety.
How long does it take to set up the enclosure?
The xTool Enclosure can be fully assembled and ready to use in about 1 minute.
Can you operate the D1 Pro 20W without the enclosure?
Yes, but it’s not recommended due to the lack of ventilation and fire/fume containment.
Does the enclosure come with an exhaust fan?
Yes, it includes an exhaust fan and vent pipe to improve air circulation and fume removal.
Spread the loveThe xtool d1 pro 40w laser engraver from … Read more
Spread the loveWhat is xTool Laser? xTool is a company … Read more