Getting started “How to Use Xtool D1 Pro” laser engraver is easy if you follow these steps for assembly and first-time use. With proper setup, you’ll be creating incredible laser engraved and cut projects in no time.
Step 1: Assemble the Frame
The first step is assembling the sturdy metal frame of the D1 Pro. Here’s how:
- Cut off the cable tie on the right side plate.
- Fit the four side plates together and align the power switch, power port, and USB port with the openings on the right plate.
- Use the included screws to hold the side plates together.
- Install the idler pulleys using screws to set the proper tension on the timing belts. Don’t tighten fully yet.
Step 2: Install the Stepper Motors
With the frame assembled, it’s time to install the stepper motors:
- Insert the motor shaft through the timing belt and idler pulley.
- Slide the motor coupling to connect the shaft and motor shaft, leaving a small gap.
- Tighten the two screws on the coupling.
- Connect the motor cables to the main control board ports.
- Use cable ties to secure the cables.
Step 3: Install the Linear Rails
Next up is mounting the linear rails that guide the laser head:
- Cut off the white cable ties on the middle plate, leaving the black ones.
- Align the middle plate with the slider screw holes and attach with screws.
- Install the timing pulley, adjusting tension as needed.
- Connect the limit switches between the middle plate and left slider.
Step 4: Install the Laser and Electronics
With the mechanics installed, it’s time to add the laser and electronics:
- Connect all cables to the main control board.
- Use cable ties to secure cables on the right side plate.
- Install the laser module on the middle plate with the thumb screw.
- Insert the TF card before first use.
Step 5: Connect and Power On
You’re almost ready to start laser engraving! Just a few more steps:
- Connect the D1 Pro to your computer with the USB cable.
- Connect the power cable and turn on the power switch.
- Ensure the laser module is positioned properly.
Step 6: Load Material
With the D1 Pro powered on, you can now load material to be laser engraved or cut:
- Place the material in the work area, up against the rulers and guides.
- Adjust the laser module focus for the material thickness.
- Secure the material with magnets or tape if needed.
Step 7: Install Software
To control the D1 Pro, you’ll need xTool’s software:
- Download and install xTool Creative Space (XCS) on your computer.
- Launch XCS and connect to your D1 Pro.
Step 8: Create Your Design
Now the fun begins – create your design to be laser engraved or cut!
- In XCS, add shapes, text, or import images.
- Set up the design on the virtual bed to match your real material.
- Size and position elements as desired.
Step 9: Configure Settings
With your design ready, tweak the laser settings for optimal results:
- Select laser engraving or cutting.
- Adjust speed, power, and other settings.
- Select the number of passes if needed.
Step 10: Start Engraving!
You’re finally ready to laser engrave or cut your first project!
- In XCS, click the “Play” button to start.
- The laser head will move into position.
- Press the physical start button to begin laser engraving or cutting.
- Wait for the process to finish completely.
- Remove your finished project!
Tips for How to Use Xtool D1 Pro
Here are some additional tips to get the most out of your Xtool D1 Pro laser engraver:
- Always operate the device in a well-ventilated area due to potential fumes.
- Keep the engraving area clean and free of debris.
- Experiment with different speed and power settings to optimize results.
- Use Draft Mode when positioning elements to speed up the process.
- Carefully measure or frame your material prior to starting larger jobs.
- Focus the laser properly before each job for best results.
- Clean the lens occasionally with the included brush to maintain laser focus.
- Tighten the belt tension if you notice banding in engraving results.
- Upgrade the device firmware periodically for new features and fixes.
- Keep the XCS software updated to latest version.
Using the Xtool D1 Pro with Rotary Attachment
The Xtool D1 Pro can be used with the optional Rotary Attachment 2 (RA2) to engrave and cut cylindrical items like bottles, glasses, and mugs. Here are some tips for using it with the rotary addon:
- Install the riser accessories to raise the laser module to proper height.
- Carefully mount the item on the RA2 using the jaw chucks.
- Balance and center the object on the rotary attachment.
- Set positioning origin at the center of the rotary attachment.
- In XCS, choose Cylindrical mode for image engraving.
- Use slower speed and multiple passes for cylindrical engraving.
- Apply painter’s tape to glassware to prevent cracking.
- Avoid shaking or bumping rotary attachment during operation.
The Xtool D1 Pro paired with the RA2 attachment expands the range of objects you can decorate and personalize with laser engraving. With some practice, you’ll be able to create custom engraved mugs, glasses, bottles, and other cylindrical items. How to Use Xtool D1 Pro
|8 Mysterious Easy Way to Use – xTool D1 Pro for Beginners|
|See The Difference! XTool Air Assist Will Blow Your Mind!|
|xTool D1 Pro Blue & Infrared Laser Bundle Review|
|To avoid mistakes watch this Complete xTool P2 Setup Guide|
Following these 10 easy steps will have your xTool D1 Pro assembled, configured, and creating amazing laser engraved and cut art in no time. With practice and experimentation, you’ll be producing professional quality results. Let the laser engraving begin! How to Use Xtool D1 Pro
What materials can the Xtool D1 Pro engrave?
The D1 Pro can engrave wood, leather, plastic, paper, fabric, acrylic, anodized aluminum, coated metal, and more.
Does the Xtool D1 Pro need ventilation?
Yes, it should be used in a well-ventilated area to dissipate fumes and smoke from the laser engraving.
What software does the Xtool D1 Pro use?
It uses the Xtool Creative Space (XCS) software to control the laser engraver.
What file types does the XCS software support?
XCS supports PNG, JPEG, SVG, DXF and other common image and design files.
Can the Xtool D1 Pro engrave cylindrical objects?
Yes, with the optional Rotary Attachment 2 it can engrave cylinders like glasses, mugs, and bottles.
Xtool D1 Pro Xtool D1 Pro Xtool D1 Pro
Spread the loveThe xtool d1 pro 40w laser engraver from … Read more
Spread the loveWhat is xTool Laser? xTool is a company … Read more